Not Getting Enough Sleep?
Not getting enough sleep in your life?
Join the party! 67% of adults in the US reported that they just simply do not get enough sleep and constantly wake up feeling unrested.
Sleep quite simply is the opportunity your body and brain takes to rest, regenerate, detoxify and process stress and free radical oxidation.
It’s when our body does it’s internal housekeeping, gives our minds desperately needed REM sleep (without which we would die) and a break from modern day fight or flight responses which see us in a constant low grade level of stress. High quality sleep rejuvenates our brain and nervous system as well as protects our brain from premature ageing and degeneration.
The hormone melatonin naturally increases after sundown and during the night in a normal circadian rhythm, which increases immune function and helps protect us agains infection. (This is why you’re so likely to get a cold or flu after not sleeping well for a few nights.)
In fact, sleep is so important to our overall health that total sleep deprivation has been proven to be fatal: lab rats denied the chance to rest die within two to three weeks.
Fewer than 6 hours of sleep per day is associated with low-grade chronic inflammation and worsening insulin resistance, as well as increased risk for obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Enhances memory and mental clarity.
- Improves athletic performance.
- Boosts mood and overall energy.
- Improves immune function.
- Increases stress tolerance.
We firmly believe that lack of sleep and stress are the two biggest health challenges we face today, but it’s much easier for most people to make changes in their diet than it is for them to improve their sleep and manage their stress.
So here are some basic pointers to get you started. Really try and work on these to give your body and brain a fighting chance to get to sleep.
Reduce your exposure to artificial light: Artificial light disrupts our circadian rhythm and throws off our sleep.
Don’t be too full – or too hungry: Some people sleep better after eating a light dinner. This is especially true for those with digestive issues. Others – like those with a tendency toward hypoglycemia – do better with a snack before bed (and possibly even during the night).
Go to bed earlier: In the early part of the night (11pm – 3am), the majority of those cycles are composed of deep non-REM sleep (stages 3 and 4) and very little REM sleep. In the second half of the night (3am – 7am) this balance changes and are comprised of more REM sleep (the stage associated with dreaming) as well as a lighter form of non-REM sleep (stage 2). What’s important about this is that deep stage 3 and 4 sleep is where our body regenerates and repairs tissue and engages in other restorative processes. If we don’t get enough deep sleep, we can’t rejuvenate and heal.
We’ve got a pretty amazing all natural sleep supplement available too when you’ve actioned all of the above and you’re still not getting enough sleep…..you can read about this below.
DoTerra have combined lavender essential oil, lemon balm, passionflower, chamomile and L-Theanine into little soft gel capsules that calm the nervous system and induce sleep naturally without any grogginess or other side effects.
L-Theanine is an amino acid found exclusively in teas from Camellia Sinensis which alter levels of various neurotransmitters in our brain and produce a calming effect.
Take 2 before bed and apply the Serenity oil blend to your Occipital Point which is the little concave spot on the back of your neck and wrists.
The Serenity Oil Blend goes by the name of Lavender Peace here in Australia (exactly the same product). It’s designed to calm the nervous system, reduce anxiety and stress and promote relaxation.
The Blend contains Lavender, cedar wood, ho wood leaf, yang yang, marjoram, roman chamomile, vetiver, vanilla and hawaiian sandalwood essential oils.
This blend can also be used during the day if you are feeling particularly stressed out and wired. Put a drop or two in your hands, rub them together and cup over your nose so that you can breathe in the aroma and affect your amygdala. You can also apply it to your wrists.
The Oil Blend and the Soft gels are designed to work powerfully together but the soft gels are amazing by themselves as well if you’re a guy who doesn’t particularly like the smell of lavender.
The soft gels aren't just for sleep though, if you are someone dealing with anxious feelings or panic attacks, these are reported by many to be their saviours and help them through many a rough time.
Would you like to try them for yourselves??
Click on the button below and then follow my instructions to a tee because the system can be a little clunky and you could end up in no man's land instead of with me!
Don't worry, you'll be done in a few minutes........
Select Join and Save.
• Choose the country and language that’s appropriate for you.
• Select 'International NFR'.
• Choose ‘Wellness Advocate only’ NOT Wholesale Customer. The Wellness Advocate option is the best deal for everyone whether you want to just buy the products for your own use or if you want to build a business.
• Enter your personal information. You don't need an ABN to process the order.
• At Enroller ID, enter my number if it hasn’t automatically populated: 1759183 (This is really important if you don't want to get lost in cyber space ok)
• Then click verify (it should then show you my name Rebecca Carden)
• Give yourself an easy to remember password
• And then you’re ready to click on over to the next page.
• Here, you’ll choose what you’d like to order. Choose from the kits displayed up the top and add your chosen kit to your shopping cart. If you are wanting to order the Restful Complex, you'll need to first Select the $35 Introductory Welcome Packet from the kits (this is your membership fee) - then simply search for the individual oils you want to order and add them to your cart eg, Bergamot and Balance. Be sure to add a bottle of Fractionated Coconut Oil to your 1st order so you can safely apply your oils!
• Click View Totals to finalise your shopping cart.
• You’ll then enter your CC details and process your order. You're done!
**When everything goes through, it’ll ask you whether you want to set up your Loyal Rewards Program or LRP as it’s known. You can either choose to set this up now or leave it for the moment and organise a chat with me so we can curate a list of oils together to help support you in the best possible way to suit your needs. The LRP Program is the best and most economical way to make future purchases and be rewarded for doing so. It's such a great way to build your collection slowly.
**You will receive a confirmation email from dōTERRA immediately, this will allow you access to your account right away to manage your orders. I will also be in touch within 24-48 hours via email - keep an eye on your junk folder & also an eye out for the postman as I will be sending you a little welcome pack in the mail too!