More Water. Better Health
“Water is the driving force of all nature”.
Leonardo da Vinci
Water is always our drink of choice. It just makes you feel good. We tell our customers to drink more water if they are having a craving, a headache, are constipated, hungry, etc.
Water is so beneficial, so easy, so free yet so easily overlooked. It’s really a no brainer (actually your brain is 90% water!!!). Your body is about 70% water, the majority of your blood and every cell in your body is composed of water. Therefore, you need water to function properly.
Water is used by the body for everything from digestion, detoxifying cells, keeping the lungs moist, lubricating joints and keeping the body alkaline.
As with most things, the amount of water for each person is very individual, but if your pee isn’t mostly clear or you have any of the symptoms mentioned above, you most likely aren’t getting enough H2O. Some suggest 8 glasses a day while others suggest take your body weight (in kg), divide it in half and drink that many litres. Listen to what your body needs.
If you don’t care much for the taste of… nothing, then you can add a squirt of lemon, a squeeze of lime, a few sprigs of fresh mint or a cucumber or orange slice. What ever gets you to drink it up. Coffee, regular tea, soft drinks and vitamin water…none of those count and actually remove water from your body.
Top 8 Benefits of Drinking Water: Don’t Medicate, Hydrate!
1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted.
2. Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger and raises your metabolism.
3. Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
4. Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturises your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around.
5. Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion and stool formation as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.
6. Boosts Immune System – A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
7. Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too) which are commonly caused by dehydration.
8. Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
Combine your amazing water consumption with having our organic healthy meals delivered to you and you’ve got a winning combination for awesome health and wellbeing.
We prefer and use the Zazen Water filter systems